A mum and a wife and sometimes just me


Monday 11 February 2013

Baking together

It was always an idea in my head to do certain activities with my child like baking. It was about doing things together while they are growing and learning. I've quickly learnt it's also about being prepared, being okay with the mess and not worrying about things turning out perfectly! It's all about the process and not the outcome! Also I usually end up dragging hubby into the mix to help us out! We had our first baking experience just before Christmas when as part of getting into the Christmas spirit we decided to bake some ginger bread cookies. Never mind that I belatedly found out we did not have any ginger!


I was so pleased with his enthusiasm of getting involved and his obvious enjoyment of adding and mixing all the ingredients together. Of course the best bits is usually at the end when you get to lick the bowl and spoon and it's even better when you are making something chocolatey!



So with three overripe banana's and a wet and rainy Sunday we were ready to make a banana bread. I'm a lot better at making sure all the ingredients are ready to just pour into the bowl. I'm a dab hand at salvaging for broken egg shells. The wee man was excited from the bowls were put out on the table. He's a dab hand now at stirring and licking the bowl. He kept saying no mummy because he wants to do it all himself.






With pecan nuts in the cupboard who knows what we will be baking next?!

10 comments:

  1. I love baking with the kids, and they've both inherited a love of it too! Even if it can be stressful sometimes, you always get something yummy to eat with your cup of tea at the end!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it can get a bit stressful! Thankfully hubby has usually come to the rescue teehee. It is great fun AND fattening :)

      Delete
  2. Cooking is such a valuable life skill! Beautiful pictures too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not get into the kitchen till my 20s so trying to start the wee man a bit earlier :)

      Delete
  3. Yay you baked! That's my kind of Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, it looks like you both had a lovely time doing some baking. He especially looks like he enjoyed cleaning the spoon! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would highly recommend it! The spoon licking is the best bit...as soon as we start the mixing the finger end up in the batter!

      Delete
  5. Love the blog and your photos, it's nice to see you feature in them also! Hope all is well in Glasgow and you had a good time back home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teehee yes the odd picture of me creeps in though you know me usually behind the camera! Glasgow is treating me well these days and well Jamaica was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...