A mum and a wife and sometimes just me


Sunday 2 January 2011

Here's to a busy 2011

So I guess it is kind of obligatory to bid goodbye to 2010 and say hello to 2011 on ones blog. I am afraid that as usual I won't be waxing too lyrical about it. I am also not one to make New Year resolutions so that possibly won't help too much either. 

2010 was an interesting year indeed. 



It actually started in New Zealand.  For the first time in a long time we actually went out and celebrated. Well if you have been following this blog you know how difficult I find it to talk about New Zealand.  You really have to experience the lifestyle there to understand why. We also managed to survive a year of marriage...maybe I should have reflected on that. The thing is that we had been living together so long before that nothing much really changed in our relationship except that we were wearing a ring and my mother was finally happy. Here is hoping to many many more happy years together ahead!



But before you know it we are spending our summer in Italy.  Of course the biggest surprise there was finding out that I was a whole 5 weeks pregnant. We had been working on it for a while so it maybe wasn't so much of a surprise as a great joy. I also got to spend an amazing week with my parents showing them around Verona for their first time.


Then it was back to Glasgow and the tense struggle to settle back into our life again. Who new flat hunting would be such hell competing with students as we tried to find something useful. There was added pressure as I needed to get settled so I could register with a GP, book an appointment at the hospital ect ect! As things happen though eventually things settle into place and by the 1st of September we found a new humble abode. I have had plenty of time to "enjoy" pregnancy and wonder at the life growing inside me. There was a short period of desperation trying to find a job but as the bean got bigger well that got a bit harder and I resigned myself to being unemployed for the next year. If I remember anything about social work when I start hunting again next year I will be surprised but I guess we just have to wait and see.

So that brings us to the point of welcoming 2011. It was a quiet one at home with hubby but I guess all in preparation for what promises to be a busy 2011. Most things revolve around the bean now and I guess they will for a long time to come...............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...