A mum and a wife and sometimes just me


Tuesday 6 July 2010

Royal Gossip with Phillipa Gregory


So maybe entitling this post as gossip might be a bit misleading but it is the best way for me to explain how much of page turner this book is! I would definately recommend it as one of those books that are great for holidays lazing on the beach. That and the fact that I have no interest in much historical non-fiction about royalty meant I could take this book at complete face value and I was unable to debate how well it sticks to the story, so it was fun.  'The Other Boleyn Girl' is filled with intrigue, romance, family and traditions and the book in so many ways engages with the reader. It's portrayal of the rivlary between the two sisters, Anne and Mary, really captures the imagination and I literally felt their battle of loyalty and resentment between each other. I found all the character's well rounded and actually found myself taking sides and becoming a part of the plot.

Overall a pretty good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...