A mum and a wife and sometimes just me


Thursday 10 June 2010

Have you ever loved a tree?



Well I have now fallen in love with many...



New Zealand is a great place to discover their beauty and grandeur.
The beautiful Kauri is particularly impressive. Meet Tane Mahuta, Lord of the Forest, the largest living kauri tree in New Zealand.


They demand my respect as whatever season they have something to offer. 

 

It can take my breath away to simply look up to their branches as they not so much sway but have a rather slow awkward dance in the wind. Often they seem to be singing me a song as the branches creek and the leaves rustle. 

 

Often you get to meet a tree over a hundred years old and can only imagine what they have seen and heard through each generation.

                                     




Dont lie awake in the forest in fear but sleep and dream the stories that the trees have to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...